Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 111

Back to the present tense.

We were ready for the truck from the time we woke up this morning. It would have been nicer had it shown up.

Apparently the mover's other customer, the one whose stuff he was hauling to Texas, failed to contact him in time so he had to put us off for a day.

Oh well. At least we were ready when we were supposed to be!

It was almost a day of relaxation because of that. We played on our iPads almost all day and I even had time to walk my five miles. I actually missed it.

I do get concerned that i might break my good habits, but starting out the day at 206.5 on the scale was more than encouraging enough to keep me going.

Even more interesting than the fact that I seem to be able to stay motivated is the fact that I have not yet once been stressed out or nervous about this move. Normally I get freaked out over details that are beyond my control, or I get all nervous about unknown variables, but this time I'm completely calm.

It's as if i've been expecting this for a long time and see no reason to act as if it's some kind of surprise.

I literally feel as if I'm going home.

Why would I feel nervous about going home?

Am I happy? Well, I'm calm, I'm not worried, I'm unphased by trivial things, I'm immune to negativity, and I'm confidant that I made the right choice by accepting the job offer. If that means I'm happy, then I guess I am.

Of course we're also leaving this rat hole of a town, moving to a big city full of opportunity and promise, and, um, yeah, I have a Mesa/Boogie Roadster half stack. Heck yeah, I'm happy!

It's kind of a new feeling for me. For the most part I feel it as the absence of depression. I must say, this is quite a nice way to feel.

It's not like the feeling of being in love. It's more like the feeling of knowing you're loved.

Day 111: 5+ miles in 90 minutes.

I don't really know how far i went. I pick a speed and stick to it for 5 miles and then cool down until the timer reads 90 minutes. It works for me.

No comments: