Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 113

OK, I'm playing catch up now. I'm about 2 weeks behind, so bear with me.

November 30.

We did our last minute cleanup and our apartment manager came to inspect us around 0900. She cleared us without any ado and after a walkthrough and a final game of luggage Tetris in the back of the Rogue we were on our way to Birmingham.

It was a good drive. Both of the boys were relatively well behaved. I guess we could chalk that up to curiosity since at the 5 hour mark both of them realized that they had never ridden that far in the car before.

You could almost feel the epiphany that we were not going to be turning around and heading back to Leesville or Fort Polk.

It was a long drive, so by the time we got settled in to the hotel room after a quick dinner at a high brow Italian chain restaurant I was too tired to even look for the fitness center.

Hence:

Day 113: Several hundred miles at 65 mph. No walk.

No comments: