Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 115

December 2.

New car, new city, new... uh... hotel. Yeah, new hotel.

We stayed at the Hilton about a mile from our new apartment. The room was nice, but it was so far away from the front desk that it felt as though we were at the hotel equivalent of a kids' table.

Anyway, it was still a nice stay, even though it was WAY over priced for the services and (lack of) security we were provided.

We did a short tour of the area, to include a quick drive-by of our new place, a trip to the bank for an extremely large cashier check, and a mildly appetizing trip to the local Cheesecake Factory.

We got back to the hotel with enough time to relax, so I finally got the chance to do some walking.

Their treadmills were NICE!

I walked my 5 miles faster than I ever have. I achieved my second goal of annihilating the Army walk time and then maintaining that pace for the full duration.

The only annoying thing was that the treadmill was set to stop at 60 minutes. Oh well.... I'm not about to walk at 5mph or faster just to get it done within the allotted time frame.

I slept well.

Day 115: 5+ miles in 72 minutes.

No comments: